District of Coldstream
The Chief Administrative Officer directs the planning, coordination and control of all municipal operations in accordance with the objectives, policies and plans approved by Council. The CAO reports directly to Council and acts as their primary policy advisor.
The Chief Administrative Officer's responsibilities include:
- recommending goals, objectives, policies and programs;
- directing the implementation and monitors the progress of goals, objectives, policies and programs;
- coordinating departmental activities;
- directing the development of budgets and financial controls;
- directing personnel administration, within Council policies;
- ensuring prompt and proper handling of all requests, enquiries and complaints by the public;
- acting as a liaison between Council and the public.
Keri-Ann Austin [email protected]
The Director of Corporate Administration’s responsibilities include:
- prepares agendas and ensures accurate minutes are prepared of the meetings of the Council and Council Committees and that the minutes, bylaws and other records of the business of the Council and Council Committees are maintained and kept safe;
- ensures that access is provided to records of Council and Council Committees, as required by law or authorized by Council
- is the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy head;
- administers oaths and taking affirmations, affidavits and declarations required to be taken under the Community Charter or any other Act relating to municipalities;
- certifies copies of bylaws and other documents, as required or requested;
- administers municipal elections, civic and school district elections and conducts public referenda;
- schedules Mayor and Council meetings;
- oversees bylaw enforcement.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I contact Council members?
Contact information for the Mayor and Councillors is available on the Council webpage.
How do I appear before Council?
See Appearing Before Council.