District of Coldstream
Building Permits & Inspection
The following services are available at the Building Department:
- Building permit applications
- Business licence applications
- Bylaw enforcement
- Fire inspection
- Boat launch parking passes
- Burning permits
- Office hours and arranging inspection
- Building and Plumbing Bylaw No. 1442 (consolidated)
- Permit Fees
- Building Permit Application Guide
- Swimming Pool Regulations
- Report on Professional Insurance
- Damage to Municipal Works Agreement
- Sanitary Sewer Connection Guidelines
- Retaining Wall and Slope Stability Policy
- Riparian Areas Regulation and Watercourse Development Area Permits
- Building Schemes – or – Who says I can’t paint my house purple??? (3-fold brochure)
- FAQ: Can I get a copy of my building permit plans?
** Hours of operation are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., closed between 1:00 and 2:00, Monday to Friday excluding statutory holidays.
** 24-Hour Inspection Request Line (voicemail message): Phone in your inspection to 250-550-1515 prior to 7:30 a.m., and the inspection will be conducted by the following workday.
Bob Bibby, Building Official
Phone: (250) 550-1510
Fax: (250) 545-4733
Email: [email protected]
Can I get a copy of my building permit plans?
If you are the owner or have the owner's written consent, you can view building permit plans within the Municipal Hall. Plans can only be viewed; the District does not routinely provide copies of plans. Please note that the District of Coldstream does not have all building permit plans. It may take a few days to research if we have any plans for your house.